This field records and makes accessible name variations, as found in sources. Alternate spellings, nicknames, maiden names - with or without the married name - are included in this category.
- Faber, Conrad
Meister der Holzhausen-Bildnisse
Creuznach, Conrad von
Faber von Creuznach, Conrad
Connections with other artists
Influenced byIn contrast with ‘follower of’, we speak of ‘influenced by’ when an artist was influenced outside the context of an educational setting or servile following. An artist can be influenced by several artists at once, or in succession. In addition, there may be question of a transition to a personal style which may demonstrate development.
Scorel, Jan van
SubjectsThis field specifies the various subject categories or genres that constitute the oeuvre of the artist in question. The contents of this field are generally based more on the documentation available at the RKD than on the literature.
- Monographic literature in RKDLibrary
- 1 hit in RKDlibrary as subject
- Thieme/Becker 1907-1950 , dl. 11 (1915), p. 148-149 (als: Faber, Conrad)
- Witt Checklist 1978 , p. 93 (als: Faber, Conrad)
- Saur 1992- , dl. 26 (2003), p. 53
- E. Auerbach, 'Conrad Faber, or "The Master of the Holzhausen Portraits" ', The Burlington Magazine 70 (1937), p. 14-24
This field specifies the location of the various RKD documentation materials. Most of the locations refer to our art-historical image documentation. In addition, you will find references to press documentation (cuttings and small articles) here.
Entered on: 1992-02-07; Modification on: 2013-08-06